pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

because everyone loves burning things... educationally

For as long as I can remember, I couldn't want to take IPS. (Introductory Physical Science) Last year, we could smell things on fire in their classroom from across the hall. Naturally, that got us fired up (Bahaha, fired up, things on fire, get it?) about taking that course the next year.

So this year, I put up with reading and signing of the safety contract.
I put up with the long talk on expectations.
I put up with learning of the format of our lab books.

Naturally, I couldn't wait for our first lab. You know, like, bring on the fire! Well, I guess I got what I wanted in a sense.
We get to heat random things up. One of them freezing and melting things over a burner.
Here's the a snippet of the intro paragraph of the lab:

We shall measure the freezing temperatures of some substances by using samples of different mass. For convenience, we shall use substances that freeze about room temperature. Your teacher will distribute test tubes containing different amounts of a solid substance. Immerse the test tube in a water bath. Heat the water until the solid in the test tube is completely melted.


Disappointing much? <3 Fi

No comments: