Sunday, September 19, 2010

lots of cranes. lots of time.

This is my proud result of my 1000 Cranes Project.


This is currently my wallpaper. No big deal.



How did I do it? Well, let me explain my five year process.
  1. I bought a box of 1000 pieces of small origami squares.
  2. I learned how to make a paper crane.
  3. I folded a thousand of them. (This took about four years.)
  4. Dumped them all into a cardboard box.
  5. Waited a year, thinking about what to do with them.
  6. Strung them together with random bits of thread I found in my mother's sewing bag. 
  7. Voila, I'm done. 
Proud? Of course I am.


But I'm never making another crane again. <3 Fi

2 comments:

electryone said...

oh my god that is so AMAZING !!

i'm feeling inspired now.

theVibeGirl said...

This is fantastic. It also made me realize that I've forgotten how to make a paper crane.