pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

music spotlight.

dIt has come to my attention that many songs and artists don't get the recognition that they deserve. This is because artists like Lady GaGa, Katy Perry, and Bruno Mars are hogging the spotlight and being overplayed on the radio. (You know it's true.)

So, once in a while I'll post music from a few of my favorite lesser-known artists, in hopes that I'll create some new fans, and to share their lovely music.

The first band is called Parachute, and their latest album was called Losing Sleep.
It's really a beautiful, and it's a great album to listen to if you're stressed, or just need to relax. Some people say their music is a cross between Maroon 5 and John Mayer, but it's a great summer album as well.
My favorite song by them is called Words Meet Heartbeats.





The second band is called Jack's Mannequin, and their latest album is called Everything in Transit.
There's a happy-go-lucky feel to most of the songs, and there's quite a bit of piano in the tracks. Both the melodies and lyrics are amazing, and worth listening to.

I put on the same clothes I wore yesterday.
When did society decide that we had to change
And wash a t-shirt after every individual use:
If it's not dirty, I'm gonna wear it.
(These lyrics are from their song I'm Ready.)






Well there you go. (= So, I hope that you take a look at these two bands, and take a break from all the bad pop that's taken over the radio. <3 Fi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean-not that all the songs on the radio are man, but there are waaay better ones out there in the world!

Thanks for the songs- I really enjoyed them and planning to download some of their songs into my ipod... :)

Fiona said...

Glad you like them! =D